Honeywell Genesis 7580g Hands-Free Scanner
The Genesis™: 7580g is the first presentation area-imaging scanner engineered to decode all standard 1D, PDF and 2D barcodes. Its revolutionary imaging technology is housed in an elegant, yet durable design. Powered by Adaptus™: Imaging Technology 6.0, the 7580g scanner redefines industry standards by enabling the reading of barcodes efficiently on both printed documents and highly reflective displays like mobile phone screens. Breakthrough performance and a versatile form factor make the
Genesis 7850g suitable for environments ranging from healthcare to school food service to retail POS.
The Honeywell Genesis™ 7580g is the first hands-free presentation area-imaging scanner that was designed to decode all standard 1D, PDF and 2D barcodes on both printed documents as well as on highly reflective, transmissive displays such as those found on mobile phones. Other standout features also include:
- Remote MasterMind™ management software provides a quick and convenient solution for IT administrators seeking to manage all scanners within their network from a single remote location.
- Excels at scanning coupons and mobile tickets directly from the screen of a mobile device.
- Second-generation TotalFreedom plug-in development platform enables the loading and linking of multiple applications directly onto the scanner, eliminating the need for host system modifications.
- Improves document management by capturing and storing electronic images, including coupons, personal checks, signatures, and damaged packages.
- Flexible licensing solution allows current scanning needs to be met while protecting the option to upgrade scanning capabilities in the future by simply purchasing a license for the appropriate feature.
Dimensions (L x W x H): 80 mm x 83 mm x 150 mm (3.2 in x 3.3 in x 5.9 in)
Weight: 340 g (12 oz)
Input Voltage: 5.5V DC ±0.25V
Operating Power: 2.0 W (400 mA @ 5V)
Standby Power: 0.5 W (100 mA @ 5V)
Host System Interfaces: USB, RS-232, Keyboard Wedge, IBM 46xx (RS-485)
Auxiliary Ports: EAS with interlock (EAS model)
Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
Storage Temperature: -40°C to 60°C (-40°F to 140°F)
Humidity: 0% to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
Drop: Designed to withstand 1.5 m (5 ft) drops
Environmental Sealing: Sealed to resist airborne particulate contaminants
Light Levels: 100,000 Lux
Scan Pattern: Area Image (832 x 504 pixel array)
Motion Tolerance: 200 cm/s (78 in/s) for 13 mil UPC at optimal focus
Scan Angle: Horizontal: 46°; Vertical: 28°
Print Contrast: 20% minimum reflectance difference
Pitch, Skew: 70°, 75°
Decode Capability: Reads standard 1D, PDF, 2D, Postal, and OCR symbologies. Note: Decode capabilities dependent on kit configuration.
Warranty: 3-year factory warranty