Return to TabletKiosk.com Home page

Support Forums

TabletKiosk® Recommends Microsoft® Windows® 7

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mag Card Reader

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dataconnect View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dataconnect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mag Card Reader
    Posted: 12/09/11 at 10:39am
Hello,

We have purchased 9 a230T with mag readers and not 1 of the mag readers works. Perhaps this is a driver problem, but if it is I am unable to find any driver support for this device.

Please advise.

Thanks,
TabletKioskGail View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TabletKioskGail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/11 at 4:42pm
Hi DataConnect,

I believe that you have been in touch with our Tech Support department about this, but I wanted to ensure that your question was answered.

For security purposes, we ship our magnetic stripe readers running the Human Interface Device (HID), however, they can be easily programmed to run in Keyboard Emulation mode.  

To change the input mode, you can use this Magtek utility. Itís a demo program which can be used to switch MSR from HID mode to Keyboard Wedge mode, which is the configuration you want on those devices.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to reach out to our Tech Support team.

Gail Levy
Director of Channel Marketing
TabletKiosk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic