Return to TabletKiosk.com Home page

Support Forums

TabletKiosk® Recommends Microsoft® Windows® 7

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Screen not rotating

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emclem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emclem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Screen not rotating
    Posted: 08/22/07 at 11:14am

I just received my black Sahara i440D running Vista and so far, I'm loving this machine.

However, I can't get the screen to rotate using the rotate button. I can make the screen rotate using the Tablet PC settings but not with the designated button.  Can anyone help me with this? 

Edited by emclem - 08/22/07 at 11:15am
TabletKioskGail View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TabletKioskGail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/07 at 5:00pm
Hello,
Thanks for contacting TabletKiosk.

The problem that you are encountering is controlled by a driver that is not acting quite the way it should.  Our R&D team in Taiwan is currently working to remedy the situation. 

It is, however, simple to fix.  Here is what you need to do:

Go the "C" Drive
Open “Drivers” folder
Open “Vista” folder
Open “Rotate” folder
Click on “Ti2YRotateSetup_Vista.msi” to reinstall driver
Restart the machine. 

The unit should now rotate properly.
If this does not work, please let us know.

Gail Levy
Marketing

Gail Levy
Director of Channel Marketing
TabletKiosk
ozuzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozuzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/07 at 1:47pm
I have the same problem - screen not rotating using the rotate button. Re-installing the MSI didn't help...

Also, how do I set what the three user buttons do? According to Vista help, there should be a Buttons tab in the Tablet PC control panel widget, but that tab isn't there...

Thx, Herman
parabolee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parabolee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/07 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by ozuzo ozuzo wrote:

I have the same problem - screen not rotating using the rotate button. Re-installing the MSI didn't help...

Also, how do I set what the three user buttons do? According to Vista help, there should be a Buttons tab in the Tablet PC control panel widget, but that tab isn't there...

Thx, Herman

I am having the same problem with a brand new Vista i440D tablet.

Tries reinstalling driver with no change. ALso cannot figure out how to change function buttons as manual only covers XP and is not the same.

Please reply ASAP.
ozuzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozuzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/07 at 1:38pm

This might or might not help, but my i440d seriously crashed earlier today, and I had to power it off by holding "down" the power button for >4 secs. After rebooting (and just waiting out the 30 seconds where Windows asks if I want to boot save mode), Windows started again, and hey, there was a new icon in my icon bar at the bottom right of the screen.

Clicking that little icon that revealed some tool to set the 4 buttons on the right hand side - they now suddenly work, and the rotation button does as well...

YMMMV...

Herman

(replies from Tabletkiosk here are appreciated tho')

parabolee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parabolee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/07 at 8:04am
Weird! That worked for me too! Now both rotate and shortcut buttons work.

However when I tried the button that was set as config (the tools icon) is caused an error and crashed. Then the shortcuts and rotate stopped working again. But a regular restart fixed it and I selected something different for that shortcut so it doesn't happen.

Would like a more complete answer on why it wasn't working. There has to be a better way to get it to work than a cold reset.

Thanks
TK_Dan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TK_Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/07 at 5:36pm
If I remember correctly while working on the User's Guide, it had to do with a bad install of the "Function Button Application". Our engineering teams both here in the U.S. and in Taiwan have been busily working to improve the default installation images preloaded on the i400s with respect to driver and utility application builds.

If you are having the screen rotation problem try first uninstalling the Function Button Application, downloading a fresh copy from our website and then reinstalling it. The screen rotation driver is tied to the Function Button application and reinstalling it did the trick for me on the i440D I was using.

I don't think there is anything wrong with either the driver or application themselves, but rather with the way the configuration is written by the default installer. That is why a cold reboot sometimes fixes the problem as certain log and configuration files are deleted and/or rewritten when Vista recovers from a crash. I only suggest downloading a copy from our website to make sure you install the newest version in case we update it since your system's build.

I hope this helps.

Edited by TK_Dan - 10/27/07 at 5:46pm
---
Daniel Levy
TabletKiosk
"Mobility Matters"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic